Is Artificial Biolumenence Permaculturally

Yep, talk about it here

Moderator: matt walker

Is Artificial Biolumenence Permaculturally

Postby George Collins » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 am

http://zen-haven.dk/fantastic-biological-street-lighting-using-glowing-plants-and-trees-as-an-energy-source/
Will glowing trees replace street lamps in the near future? Can glowing plants be used as a source of light?

These questions have occupied a group of scientists who have come up with an ingenious idea how to cut electricity costs and reduce light pollution.

Walking down the street a late evening you might actually find yourself surrounded by amazingly beautiful glowing trees and pants, instead of ordinary street lamps.

Researchers say that after proper optimization, threes and plants can be used to construct biological street lightning and serve as an efficient energy source.
"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Re: Is Artificial Biolumenence Permaculturally

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:43 pm

I had a book of cartoons when I was young, it was about this looser of a fellow caller J Westly Smith . One cartoon showed him in a caveman out fit talking to another caveman who was holding up an unbrella over his head made of skins. It was pouring down the rain. J Westly Smiths comment, as he stood there in the rain getting very wet was,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't like it, its against Nature,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I guess I feel the same way about making plants glow in the dark, I don't like it, its against nature. But at some point the benefits of doing things like that may be considered as good a thing as using an unbrella to keep dry in the rain. Only time will tell if the benefits of such research will bear good fruit. Messing with Nature always has a Cost.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Return to Permsteading!