[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Spirituality of Gardening

Spirituality of Gardening

Yep, talk about it here

Moderator: matt walker

Spirituality of Gardening

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:50 pm

This is going to be a little out there but hey, it's me. I believe that we can be naturally in tune with our environment. Two years ago, my first garden here was terrible. There was never a good vibe going. Always a struggle. I was fed up one day and walked the property. On top of the hill I felt a really great sense of peace. By the book, the spot wasn't going to be the most productive. I went for it and put this last Summer's garden on the hill and the land was 110% more productive than the location of the original garden. Sometimes we have to throw away all of the knowledge and techniques and just do it. Go with our gut. Stop, listen, and go with what we are being told.

(No, I am not building a ball field out back.)
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Re: Spirituality of Gardening

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:59 pm

I have always heard that you should live on a property for at least a year before you set your plan for planting. Watch the sun, see what is in the shade and when, see how the seasons effect the land. After you have lived there a full year and observed how things tie together, then you can make your plans as to what to plant and where to put it on the land. I know waiting a full year seems like a long time to wait, but it should pay off in the future.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Lollykoko » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:13 am

DB, I go as far as saying that being in tune with our environment is vital to health and happiness.

I understand what you mean about finding a place that feels peaceful. I'm still learning my property, and getting a feel for what the land wants to be. It's good to hear that your garden likes the air and dry feet found at the top of the hill.
Lollykoko

Postby ApeironCreations » Mon May 12, 2014 4:02 am

Hi there wonderful friendly permie peeps! First post here I've been lurking for quite some time but I certainly have a thing or two to say about this subject!

Specifically I want to mention a book called "The Celestine Prophecy" by James Redfield.

The book itself is pretty transformational and I suggest everyone read it.

But without spoiling too much of the book, our food is an extremely important part of our life. It is after all what sustains us.

I think one secret to a good garden that couldn't be gleaned even from years of study is that our love and affection changes the plants themselves.

Just as our thoughts and intentions can change water...

http://www.masaru-emoto.net/english/water-crystal.html

So can we change our plants with our thoughts and intentions. The conscious care of a single person could surely change the face, and taste, of a garden.

One way or another I'd say it's always easier to garden while happy. But try giving some of those happy vibes to your tomatoes or that wimpy bell pepper plant in the corner. Might help couldn't hurt :P

They prefer warm orange colors and feels btw
ApeironCreations

Postby matt walker » Mon May 12, 2014 2:11 pm

matt walker
Site Admin

Postby ApeironCreations » Mon May 12, 2014 4:28 pm

And so the cycle continues. I'm sure there was a reason we broke away from the wholesomeness of the homestead. But that time is over, we need to return to our roots because that is where we will find our enlightenment our purpose, driving goal whatever you wanna call it :P
ApeironCreations

Postby Myrth » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:01 am

Gardening is very much a part of my spirituality. When I am in the outdoors, I feel spiritual. When I am working on my land, I feel spiritual.

I practice Reiki. I often give Reiki to the plants, the animals, the land. Does it help them? Yes I am sure it does.

Happy solstice!
Myrth

Return to Permsteading!