[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Culture that is Sustainable

Culture that is Sustainable

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Culture that is Sustainable

Postby George Collins » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:01 am

Here is an example of culture that is sustainable; or at least some culture that inspires great efforts to sustain.

I saw this video and I got like all

I wonder her opinion on sour dough biscuits and acorn fattened pork . . .
"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Re: Culture that is Sustainable

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:12 pm

I enjoyed the fiddle music. I like the fiddle, I enjoy music that you can tape your toes to. I always liked Andy Griffith, I happened to be driving from Home here to Myrtle Beach awhile back, its about a 10 hour drive. So we were going to drive until it got dark, or we got tired, or both. When I pulled off the 4 lane I needed gas and it was dark, about 9pm I would guess, and I was tired. The town I pulled into was Mount Airy. Turns out that is Andys Home town. [ A Fact that I did not know when I picked that exit to get off the 4 lane ] When I stopped at a gas station to fill up, there was a police officer ther filling up his cop car [ I did not know at the time that it was Barnie, or at least his equivilant, lol ] When we found out it was Andys Home town we found that was their whole claim to fame. There was the Mayberry Mall, There was the Mayberry Dinner, They had a 1961 Ford cop car that you could take a ride in, Andys house was a musium, There were pictures of Andy and Don Notts every where. Surprisingly most of the local people that we talked with did not speak very highly about Andy, God rest his soul. Turns out he was sort of mean and hard to work with, He grew up poor from the wrong side of the tracks, and the people who were in charge of the town now were the guys who made fun of him and treated him badly when he was young. He would not come back to their town unless they Paid him, even for the dedication of his statue, lol Even though they were trying to make money because Andy was born there, they really didn't like him much. I was very surprised to learn that. It was a Great trip by the way. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Return to The Hangout