Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Happy Halloween

Postby prettygurl » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 pm

That's the trick. :D Have a good one!!!
prettygurl

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Happy Halloween to you too prettygurl, and to everyone else as well, :D I do not get many kids Trick or Treating on my road any more. Seems that the little ones on our road have all grown up, and we are too far out of the way for the Kids from down below to walk up here on the Hill. I still buy a bunch of candy though, just in case, lol, ;) It was Yummy!!! :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby GrahamB » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:01 am

I'm in the same boat Guy. Too remote for the kids to bother. We take our three into town and hit one particular sub-division that looks like the night of the living dead. My wife takes them round while I stay in the truck. My pay for being the bus driver is all the Tootsie rolls that are collected as the kids don't like them and I love them.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Now that Halloween is over maybe we should up grade the title of this thread to Happy Holidays. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and gets to spend the time with Family and Friends. For our international members, tommorrow is a holiday in the USA started by President Lincoln in the 1860's and made a National Holiday by FDR in 1941 just days befor Pearle Harber was bombed. We all pause and give thanks for what we have recieved. It is a day of rest, a day to spend with Family, a day to reflect on our Blessings. May you all be truely Blessed this Thanksgiving.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Thanks Guy, right back at you. I'm looking forward to heading down to my folk's place for the holiday. I'm going to take down a standing dead Madrone (or Arbutus for you Canadians) tree. I'm pretty excited, it's far and away the finest firewood available on this coast. If all goes well I'll be bringing home a truckload. You all have a happy holiday, I'm thankful for all of you who participate and make this little board such a nice place.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Lollykoko » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:37 am

I spent Thanksgiving Day with my son and family that will soon be moving to Texas. My 15 year old granddaughter came over after dinner and spent the evening. A very good day.
Lollykoko

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:45 pm

I want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday. I hope that you all get to spend time with family and friends during this special time of year. I plan on seeing all 3 of my sons and their wifes [ My youngest son was married this last Saturday and will be back from his honeymoon this Friday :D ] as well as visiting with all of the Grandkids. Christmas is a time for family, and I hope we all remember the reason for the season. :D Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone. :D
pa_friendly_guy

Postby matt walker » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks Guy, enjoy visiting with your family. I'll be doing the same. Happy holidays to everyone. Thanks for making our little board such a nice place to share.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby GrahamB » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Yeah, Happy Holidays everyone. May all your gifts be sustainable. Now bring on the mulled wine! :D
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby Lollykoko » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:33 am

I hope the day was pleasant for all.
Lollykoko

Next

Return to The Hangout