[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - What did you cook up today?

What did you cook up today?

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: What did you cook up today?

Postby matt walker » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:44 pm

That fall chowder looks really good on this rainy day. I moved the cows and sheep, fixed some flashing on the roof, a downspout or two, and then came in soaked. Figured, I'm already wet, why not fire up the contraption and get my BBQ on?

First, some inspiration. I watch Robert's video here and figured I'd give his method a try.

I had some back ribs from my little bull. Not exactly the same as RR, but it'll have to do. First I hit 'em with some homemade rub...

Got my contraption up to temp, and threw 'em on when it stabilized at around 275°. Here it is cruising along in the rainstorm.

After about three hours, they had the bark color I wanted. I wrapped 'em up and added some ham and beans I canned last spring, and some chili fixin's....

That's where I'm at right now. Enjoying a few cold ones, got another 2 hours or so to go. I'll keep you posted...
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:55 am

A tutorial. I need that! Great post. And smoking beans? Something I never considered. I bet that is wonderful with bacon. I have to add that to the future list with smoking mac & cheese.
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby mannytheseacow » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:28 am

That soup looks amazing, Devilsbrew. Perfect for this time of year. I'm taking some pictures of what I'm cooking up tonight. I'll post them soon. Do you do any bread baking?
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:53 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by DevilsBrew on Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby matt walker » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:37 am

Well, here's what happened....

I took it all off the smoker, and put the veggies in a jar so I could hit 'em with a stick blender....

Ended up with a smoked salsa....

And made up a plate of the smoked beans with rice, topped it with the salsa, and cut myself off a slab of the ribs...

Man that was good!

Once I was done I pulled the rest of the ribs into the beans and added more of the smoked salsa. Smoked chili leftovers tomorrow!

matt walker
Site Admin

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:51 am

xxxxxxxxxxx
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby mannytheseacow » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:52 pm

mannytheseacow

Postby mannytheseacow » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:12 pm

Food is plentiful this time of year. I just traded some honey for milk and butter. My day started with making some fresh curd.

For dinner, I have a ton of tomatoes, eggplant, and eggs to use up. How about lasagna? Started with a layer of tomato slices with a little salt n peppa.

Mixed some egg yolks with flour and turned out some sheets of pasta.

Then a layer of sliced eggplant with a layer of tomato, and topped that with some fresh curd mixed with some chopped basil from the garden.

Another layer of pasta, and some ground venison and another layer of tomato.

Topped that with a little mozzarella and popped it in the oven for while.

Apples are plentiful this time of year, too. And that butter I traded makes a good butter crust for pie dough.
mannytheseacow

Postby matt walker » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Hahahaha! Nice one Manny! Homemade cheese, pasta, pie?! I'm gonna have to up my game a bit here. Very nice cook my friend.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:21 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout