What Were They Thinking ?????

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

What Were They Thinking ?????

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:44 pm

Here is a post from Craigs List. I think it speaks for its self. :lol:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/ta ... 72679.html
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Re: What Were They Thinking ?????

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:48 pm

This is the kind of fun videos that I find amazing, and I wonder to my self, " What were they thinking? " ,
Last edited by pa_friendly_guy on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:06 pm

I have seen videos of baby goats jumping and playing around. I'll leave the big time farming to the experts. :lol:
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:50 pm

I think I posted this on here someplace, but it might be worth repeating. There was an article in Mother Earth News years ago " So You Have Moved to the Country and You want to Keep Livestock, " it basically said that City Folks don't have a clue about what it actually takes to care for animals. They recommended against starting with Horse, cows, goats or sheep. They even spoke against trying chickens or rabbits to start. They felt that you should try keeping Bees as a 1st step. :lol: You only have to mess with them a few times a year. See how that goes before you try Livestock ;) Turns out that any Livestock takes a lot of work.
pa_friendly_guy

Postby DevilsBrew » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:06 pm

I realize I am a total novice but I have friends here that raise goats and have bees. Those are tough! :lol: The goats seem to be temperamental, hate the rain, and mimic Houdini every chance they get. She is always complaining about replacing the stalls. The bees can be iffy. Financially difficult to maintain and to sell the honey can be a pain with the state regulations.

I had a rabbit. Yes, one. I think they may be easy. But that was only one. :D
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby matt walker » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:31 pm

My advice to anyone ever is NEVER GET GOATS. That's it, that's how you get back to the land. I should write a book.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:15 am

Awww. Goats aint so bad. A little cumin and black pepper, a squeeze of lime and some salt. Mmmmm. I love goats.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Return to The Hangout