Moderator: matt walker

Re: Spring is Here!

Postby DevilsBrew » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:14 pm

Here you go...

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby matt walker » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:14 pm

LUCKY! Dang it, it's like spring here. Almost 50, mild and calm. I want winter, no fair.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:37 pm

I was up in the Garden digging a new Hugelbed today. Its to hit 50* this afternoon, worked up a pretty good sweat :D . It has been below freezing here day and night for awhile now. Snow tomorrow and all next week. That's the nice thing about the weather here in western Pa, if you don't like it, just wait 3 days, it will change. :lol:
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:35 pm

Shorts weather (low 40s)

Guy. Ohhhhh. You worked on your garden. Now it is my turn to be jealous. I am forcing myself to stay away from the seed packets. Seed starter is crack.

I couldn't resist the warm weather and took a walk in the woods. I came across what I thought was a stray dog and felt really bad. Until I realized it was a red fox! My first! It ran away as soon as it heard me go for the camera. Darn! Good day though.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:07 am

I have seen several Red Fox here on the hill over the years. It has been awhile since I last saw one. The neighbor said there is a den living on his farm, but I have not seen them yet.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:07 pm

The fox was very aware and quick. Fun to watch for those few seconds.

I am breaking a bit. Spending some time researching plants for the spring.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:40 pm

The seed catalogs started to come last week. I have ordered from Gurney in the past so I was not surprised to get that one, but I got maybe 4 other catalogs from companies I never heard of before. That was sort of a surprise. :o I don't know how my name got on their lists. It will be fun to look through them all and see what they have to offer. Many of my seeds I buy locally like beans, carrots, beets etc, but I am always looking for something new and different. You never know what I might order. :lol: Like Monte Python used to say, " And now for something Completely Different " :lol:
pa_friendly_guy

Postby GrahamB » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:57 am

I had the same invasion of catalogs last week Guy. I was wondering if they got our names from the MEN fair list. I already have my seeds lined up and ready to start. My main project this next year is to "visit" all my friends and see if they have any trees that I want. If they have, then I will produce from my back pocket, a pocket knife, sphagnum moss and tin foil. I'm going to try and air graft what I want from now on and then get them going really well in containers.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby Lollykoko » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:36 am

I have only gotten one catalog so far, and it isn't from a company that I've seen before. But the season is early yet.
Lollykoko

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:27 pm

Good luck with the air grafting Graham. I know when George posted that thread about air grafting I was excited by the idea. I have not tried it yet either, but I may give it a try at some point.
pa_friendly_guy

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout