[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - What's on your mind?

What's on your mind?

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: What's on your mind?

Postby SilverFlame819 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:03 am

Thanks, Myrth, I hope so too! The RV is making a weird noise sporadically, so of course my mechanic has never heard it... I suppose I'll just hope it's nothing serious in the meantime.

My dog has been sick. Of course he has, one of them is always having a problem these days. If the diarrhea doesn't stop this week I'm going to have to make a vet appointment, so that'll cost me...

I have been uneasy lately just because it's disconcerting for the vehicle you're living in to have problems. I can't break down. The park closes at night, I can't stay at the house during the day, and I have to be to work in the evenings. So I have to move this vehicle 3x a day... and with one of the dogs not feeling well (last week it was the other dog), I just feel a moderate amount of stress, which I despise, because if anything major needs done to the car or the dog, there goes my savings. I'm just po' folk... the more money I put in savings, the better I'll feel.

I've been working on getting samples of all my leash patterns done so I can get my online store up and going... finished the basic round pattern samples today. I made them all the same colors so it's easy to see the differences in patterns... Now I have to work on the rest of the designs...

SilverFlame819

Postby matt walker » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Those are really cool Silver, I bet you will sell the heck out of those things. Manny, that was a good clip, I've never seen that film. Got me thinking for sure.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby SilverFlame819 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Thanks, Matt. They're pretty popular. I've got almost 50 colors. I just need to get the website and stuff up and running smoothly so I can try to turn what is currently a side project into a better source of income for the road.
SilverFlame819

Postby matt walker » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:50 pm

On my mind, my Learning Experiences. Last night I had a phone appointment with our friend Ray. The time came around and I was wondering why he hadn't called. I got an email from him asking if I was home. Long story shorter, he was calling but it wasn't going through. My internet was working, which is DSL, but no phone. I dug up my tracphone I used on the road last November, had to find a charger, plug it all into my solar cart....and so on. Finally get Ray, I'm flustered at this point. Sorry Ray!

So, I installed a window yesterday. My phone lines are old school all over the outside of the house, tucked under the siding, painted, etc. Yep, I cut the one going to the cordless base with the skilsaw and didn't know it, it was hidden under the siding. Ooooops! Phone is working now Ray, if you want to try again. :lol:
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby TruGrit » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:48 pm

.. I have a majic jack - .. best move I ever made .. had it for 5 years now and not one glitch, works flawlessly .. call anywhere I like in US for as long as I like for $20 a year .. it worked fine when I had DSL too ...

.. when they first came out, you had to hook it up to a computer and it only worked if the puter was on .. now they got the plus that just plugs into a wall socket and a internet line .. if you want a home based phone, you can't beat it .. ;)
TruGrit

Postby Lollykoko » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:21 pm

I went to Magic Jack for my home phone a few years back. I can't say that it's been glitch free. :( But some glitches are for the best. Like the one I have that says you can talk for one hour and 30 minutes, then it will disconnect the call. ;) I have a friend who doesn't know when to stop talking!
Lollykoko

Postby SilverFlame819 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:21 pm

Hey, I haven't called you recently, Lolly! :lol:

On my mind: where to spend the winter. Craigslist isn't giving me any good ideas...
SilverFlame819

Postby matt walker » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:56 pm

Getting hay today again. I found some local hay in a field and the farmer sold me almost 300 bales for $400, too good a deal to pass up just because I'm working alone. So, I bit off a big job! I got almost 100 home and put up yesterday, hope to do the same today, I have to return the borrowed trailer tomorrow and then it's back to 25 bale loads in my little trailer, which is a drag since it's about 1.5 hours round trip. I'm trying to beat the weather which will turn in a couple days. I'm already tired!
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:41 pm

Wow, that's a heck of a good deal, and a heck of a lot of work. Even here in big-ah land small squares are a solid $5 and junk hay will run you $4. The horse people drive the prices up. I've weighed the options with getting a bale spike for my truck since large rounds can be found for $40-$60.

How fortunate that you have room to store that much hay. Good luck!
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby matt walker » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:02 am

It's done. I am too! My barn is pretty much plugged, front to back down the center aisle.

That was an awesome experience, not only did I learn how much I can sweat but I met a great guy. The farmer and I chatted a few times over the three days it took me to get it all home, and I offered a hand around the place if he ever needs it. He pointed out the mile long field (literally) he hadn't had time to cut and bale and said next year he'd throw me on a tractor and we could do a work trade for hay. I'm so stoked! While I'm excited about the hay trade, I'm more excited to get to exerience and learn a bit about that type of farming. He farms the land for grass hay, and I could use all the help I can get learning about pasture.

It sure feels great to have the feed situation sorted for the winter, now I just need to get on the firewood. I'm late on that.
matt walker
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Hangout