The Story of Stuff

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Re: The Story of Stuff

Postby matt walker » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm glad you are making small improvements Manny. I have two great friends who both are occasionally laid low by their backs. They have both (independently, they don't know each other) made huge improvements over the last couple years, and in both cases it was meeting and regularly working with a good physical therapist that made the difference. They've both told me that the right strengthening work outs have completely relieved the strain on their backs, and both are better than they've been in a long time. I'm assuming you knew this, but I just thought I'd mention it since I've seen a big improvement in both, and both of them made a point to tell me how excited they were to find something that is working for them. Good luck man, we need you to get back to work and entertain us with pictures and projects.
matt walker
Site Admin

Re: The Story of Stuff

Postby mannytheseacow » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm a total believer that a good cardio will keep you well. It purges the toxins out of your body, gets lymph moving, strengthens your heart... I think that's why my recovery has been so slow; because not being able to walk has kept me from getting any real exercise.

I did try physical therapy at the hospital but it was a joke. I suppose finding a good therapist makes all the difference. I was doing crossfit up until the time that my back started giving me trouble and that was super beneficial to my overall state of being, though I'm pretty sure the lifting contributed to my injury. I'm really anxious to get back to a condition where I'm not only getting more projects done, but can get back to running and strengthening my core. But I think I'll leave the weights out.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Previous

Return to The Hangout