Mixed emotions

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Mixed emotions

Postby thickstrings » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:07 am

We have been contacted by a pipeline co. telling us that there will be a 20" crude oil line put in next July across our hayfield and on the other side of the property as well. Don't have much to say, as it is eminent domain......They are paying, not bad either, but, I would just rather have them leave me alone...the part that pisses me is wherever I have planted pines, about 9 years ago is where they want to go.....they are about 18' or so now...bummed, the trees, my babies are going to conifer 'Auschwitz" Apparently, this line is coming from Cushing Ok. to Memphis Tn.to be processed or barged down the Mississippi... :x
" Life is art...Live a masterpiece"
thickstrings

Re: Mixed emotions

Postby matt walker » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:23 am

Gah. Dang it man, you are a calmer man than I am. I'm pissed off from way over here, mostly because it's just so dang short sighted and unnecessary. Ugh, well, maybe you can go get those pines first?
matt walker
Site Admin

Re: Mixed emotions

Postby mannytheseacow » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:09 pm

Oh man. That kind of thing really irks me. They might as well just dump it in the Mississippi now because it won't be long before there is a spill or line break or something.

We have those things all over here, too. Mostly natural gas here. The farmers don't seem to mind much once they're in. Different strokes, I guess.

I've got about 5 or 6 more years here then I'm outta here.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Return to The Hangout