[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - My First REAL RMH Build

My First REAL RMH Build

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: My First REAL RMH Build

Postby matt walker » Fri May 03, 2013 6:48 pm

Sounds like it's really working well Oddmar. These things really shine in the shoulder seasons, which you just illustrated beautifully.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby rjdudley » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:54 am

Oddmar, sorry for not posting sooner about your RMH. I've read and re-read this thread probably 5-6 times and, shame on me, I've meant to post but never did.
I love this build! I love the clean looks, the simplicity.
I do have some questions though. The OSB, any concerns about how hot it gets? I'm asking because we're toying with somehow putting rough sawn lumber on the front of ours, but, dang it I'm paranoid. Plus, doesn't the fact of putting a "facing" of wood or brick force all of the heat upward and so you lose some of the radiant heat that might come from the sides?
Next, I noticed the reflective board on the bottom. So the pipes are resting on that? They're not totally encased in cob?
Thanks for posting the pictures. They've been a great resource to us.
Ray
rjdudley

Postby Oddmar » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 am

Darrell "Jake" Jacob, Oddmar on all the forums, KC9PZN to all you amateurs.
Oddmar

Previous

Return to Heating and Cooling