[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Rocket Stove Pizza Oven

Rocket Stove Pizza Oven

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Rocket Stove Pizza Oven

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:54 pm

That is a very nice Rocket Stove. You did a nice job with the welding.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Jimlakeside » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:32 pm

Jimlakeside

Postby Jimlakeside » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Finally, the semi-finished product

Jimlakeside

Postby matt walker » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:16 pm

Looking good Jim, glad you figured out the photo posting. I think a small oven like you've got there is a perfect solution for a lot of folks. Did I miss the pic of the combustion unit? I'd love to see it if you have a photo of it.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Jimlakeside » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:40 am

Jimlakeside

Postby matt walker » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Cool, thanks for posting that. Nice fab work, that's a really functional looking, simple rocket. How is that fuel shelf holding up? I assume you have air coming in under it, under the burning fuel tips? Great design.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby Jimlakeside » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Jimlakeside

Postby DevilsBrew » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:32 pm

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:42 pm

Jim, I noticed that you have a very long chimney on your stove. Do you think that helps with the draw and therefore increases the temperatures your stove can achieve? The one video I posted has a guy who built a cobb Rocket Oven, he said that when he added a 4 foot section of stove pipe to the chimney he could get his stove up to 1200 degrees and use it as a kiln. I wondered if you are seeing the same effect?
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Jimlakeside » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Yes, I am sure the 6 foot chimney is important to higher temperatures. However, when I tested the oven after insulating it I was only able to achieve a top temperature in the low 300s. A friend of mine suggested that if I damp down the chimney then I would keep more of the heat in the oven. I put a piece of wood on the top of the chimney closing about 60% of the opening in the chimney. That's when the temperature started to climb. I am going to experiment and cut the chimney down and place a flue damper in it. I also bought a 4 inch to 3 inch reducer that should help slow the heat going out the chimney. I can also add a damper if the temperature is not where I want it. I want a shorter chimney so I am hoping one of the alternatives allows me to keep my temperature up with a shorter chimney. I am also thinking about insulating the door to see if that helps.
Jimlakeside

PreviousNext

Return to Heating and Cooling