[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Electricity Generation with Wood Heat

Electricity Generation with Wood Heat

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Electricity Generation with Wood Heat

Postby matt walker » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:25 am

Well, I finally got around to making a video to show you guys what I came up with here......

matt walker
Site Admin

Postby mannytheseacow » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:07 pm

Another great video, Matt. These how-to's are so helpful.
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby abarlow » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:25 pm

Guys. I have actually had plans to do this electric generation for some time (when I finally finish my build!)

I plan to purchase some larger commerical TEGs. Like these:
http://www.tecteg.com/product.php?product=6

-Adam
abarlow

Postby 4seasons » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:18 am

When I first saw this thread I had something like this is mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3-w6MZP1U
I have a friend that has one of those eco fans on his wood stove but I never looked at it more than a "hey that is cool" kind of thing. This is really impressive that heat can be converted directly into electricity. I will certainly have to look into this more once I get a prototype stove up and running.
4seasons

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:40 am

I love that Guy 4seasons. The fact that he gets that generator running at all is unbelievable, but the fact that he improves the set up and actually gets it running well blew me away. I do not know what problems he may have with the engine in the long run, but I love this set up. 8-)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:14 am

Here is another weird idea. What about using the electricity from the stove to power a little fan to feed secondary air into the burn chamber? People seem to be always thinking up new ways to mix the gases. I figure that pumping warm air into the chamber would help and it is self-propelled.
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:53 pm

That is exactly how this little camp stove works Devil. The heat of the stove runs a fan that increases the heat and efficiency of the stove. It can then produce enough extra electric to charge your cell phone, I-Pad, lap top etc. I don't have a cell phone, but I want one of these stoves, :lol: I think they are that cool. ;)

http://www.biolitestove.com/campstove/c ... /features/
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby DevilsBrew » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:54 am

Beats my old coleman that I carried in on backpack trips. :D
EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

Postby 4seasons » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:18 am

Instead of a secondary air blower what about using it as a furnace blower? Now I don't think you could get enough power to a traditional wood furnace blower but that would be really cool if someone figured out how to power a motor that big. I was more thinking small air ducts behind and under a heated cob bench with small fans in the ducts. Set them up to pull air from the back of the bench and push it under and out the front into the room. Since the bench would still be warm from the last fire you could push the heat into the room as the next fire is getting up and charging the mass for the next cycle.
4seasons

Postby DevilsBrew » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:43 am

EatPrayLaugh
DevilsBrew

PreviousNext

Return to Heating and Cooling