[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Muddy Box 2

Muddy Box 2

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

Re: Muddy Box 2

Postby 4seasons » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:57 am

After trying to get this version up and running well and never seeing the results I was expecting I gave it one last chance. I did finally get some blue flames (that would not show up on film), but never got flames shooting out the top of the heat riser. So I tore it down for inspection and clean-out.

As you can see it is nothing fancy but it is holding up for the most part. But do take in to consideration that this thing is only a couple of weeks old and has seen less than 24 hours of burn time.
Well I put it back together and fired it up one last time.

Again it took a while to go smoke free and even though I got the well shaped ram horns I never saw flames from the top of the riser and I could hold my hand less than 2 feet over the heat riser without getting uncomfortable.

My conclusion is even though it was neat to manipulate the flames into the shape I wanted it never did really perform well. Not only was it hard to get to light and come up to speed but I never got real clean burns, always had lots of ash left over and never saw flames shooting from the heat riser like my first single cyclone offset riser would do.
4seasons

Re: Muddy Box 2

Postby 4seasons » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:59 am

Sorry for the double post, for some reason my videos didn't post the first time and now I can't figure out how to delete the first one.
4seasons

Previous

Return to Heating and Cooling