A little baby 4' Rocket stove

Rocket Mass Heaters, Rocket Ovens, Cold boxes, Solar collectors, etc..
Talk about your projects

Moderator: matt walker

A little baby 4' Rocket stove

Postby thickstrings » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:37 pm

[img][http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt183/thickstrings1/IMG_3288-Copy.jpg/img]%20%20%20[imhttp://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt183/thickstrings1/IMG_3290.jpgg][/img] Image Image Image They didn't all come out......Got the top of the barrel to 650 the other day Image Image
" Life is art...Live a masterpiece"
thickstrings

Re: A little baby 4' Rocket stove

Postby matt walker » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Dang, that is awesome TS! If you look at your img tags in the above post you can find the problem with the ones that don't show. They should have a clear [img]and[/img] at the beginning and end of each link respectively. I can fix it for you if you would like.

Anyway, that is a clean little machine! I love it.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:51 pm

Dope! I'm totally jealous of those wheels!
"Knowledge is power. Arm yourself."
mannytheseacow

Postby DrewInToledo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:05 pm

+1 Manny. Spinners would look great on that heater!
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:08 pm

...as long as they don't cut your valve stems. :lol:
mannytheseacow

Postby DrewInToledo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:17 pm

Ouch!! :oops:

For those of you who don't know, Manny is picking on my 1996 Buick Roadsmasher, grandpa tan color. I sent him the following photo after fetching a load of ash and he suggested that I need some flashy rims on my hoopty. I told him that I actually have the chrome hubcaps that came with the car, but they "spin" loose, rotate and cut my valve stems!

I owe you one, Manny!! :twisted:

Hey Thickstring, sorry to hijack your thread but I had to explain.

I love your stove, by the way. Do you have photos of the build? I'm curious what you're making the riser from? The "filling" looks black.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby mannytheseacow » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:52 pm

Haha! Oh shoot! I didn't know you were serious, Drew! Good jab on the wheels. You crack me up, man!

Seriously, Thick Strings... I love those wheels, and no, I don't have a wheel fetish. I planned on putting my little cook stove on wheels but I couldn't find a way to mount them and have them support the weight of the stove. Totally jealous. My wife is, too, because she's always helping me move it around.
mannytheseacow

Postby thickstrings » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Thanks to all...The box that its in is leftover junk from Ikea...I casted the core from leftover stuff from my pizza oven. The guy where I got the bricks from felt sorry for me that I couldn't get any castable mix where I live ,so, he gave me a couple of bags that had gotten wet{ he couldn't sell the stuff they use in the factory}....they were lumpy, so, I busted them up with a hammer and went for it. I casted it over a 4" Hvac Tee with a elbow on the end. The riser is made from a 4" inside a 8" perlite and castable fire brick mix. The barrel I have had around for years...I think its the same as Matt uses in the outside of his riser 14x22...I set the core on 2" of ceramic board and filled the sides with perlite and mud and fireplace cement...I covered the top, to make the barrel base and exhaust sump with Acme firebrick mortar and sand set the barrel wet and fired it up....Lot of fumes the 1st 2 burnings and the Acme stuff was akin to "Bit O Honey"....allgood now....No as you go photos..sorry I have a hard enough time as it is..........It really puts out some heat...Had the barrel top to 650f. I might have to make a bell or bench....I don't have 50 $ in it...although I might have to go for some air suspension and make a 'low Rider'. Now on to the 8" permanent build ....
" Life is art...Live a masterpiece"
thickstrings

Postby smallhagrid » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:48 pm

That is about the cutest RMH that I've ever seen !!!

Thanks for sharing such a good idea with such good & helpful descriptive text.
smallhagrid

Return to Heating and Cooling