[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Black Soldier Flies for Chickens

Black Soldier Flies for Chickens

Grow some food and stuff!

Moderator: matt walker

Black Soldier Flies for Chickens

Postby George Collins » Sun May 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Sometimes I think the only reason I farm is because I enjoy researching and learning to do new things. That said, the research project de weekend is using black soldier flies for chicken feed. Of the systems that I've read about, this is the one that I liked best:

Has anyone here gone before me and if so, what advice might you/y'all be able to impart?
"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Re: Black Soldier Flies for Chickens

Postby SilverFlame819 » Sun May 04, 2014 8:36 pm

Wow. Nope, never gone there. Always figured there were enough thing for my girls to eat out in the fields. But if you go that route, I'd like to hear about it! :-)
SilverFlame819

Re: Black Soldier Flies for Chickens

Postby Lollykoko » Mon May 05, 2014 12:02 am

George, I have read a little bit about using black soldier flies as chicken feed, but those folks were putting the compost under the rabbit hutch, harvesting the fly larvae there and carrying it to the chickens. This compost feeder looks like a couple hours work to begin with, then sitting back and letting nature take it's course. Of course, I am old enough to be lazy if I wanna. :lol:
Lollykoko

Return to Garden, Pasture, Forest