[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - A farm for the future (BBC Documentary 2009)

A farm for the future (BBC Documentary 2009)

Links and discussion to broaden our horizons

Moderator: matt walker

A farm for the future (BBC Documentary 2009)

Postby Jostein » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:34 am

It is 48 mins long, it is about the impending oil/energy crisis and how to attempt to cope. It touches permaculture and it also shows couple of good examples of forest gardens in Britain.

I watch a decent amount of documentaries, but I gotta say I liked this one a lot!

(best quality I could find, but it has hardcoded subtitles in what I believe is dutch)

(without subtitles, but poorer quality).
Jostein

Re: A farm for the future (BBC Documentary 2009)

Postby matt walker » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:23 am

I really enjoyed this, thanks for posting it. I particularly liked the recent look at Martin Crawford's forest garden.
matt walker
Site Admin

Re: A farm for the future (BBC Documentary 2009)

Postby GrahamB » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:57 pm

I finally got to sit and watch this documentary. Her farm is not far from where I grew up and is very much the West Country style of farm. It would be interesting to see if she succeeds in changing to a sustainable way of using the land. I hope she does. Thanks for posting.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Return to Educational Resources