[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Inspiration...Cob/adobe buildings, rocket stove, pizza ovens

Inspiration...Cob/adobe buildings, rocket stove, pizza ovens

Links and discussion to broaden our horizons

Moderator: matt walker

Inspiration...Cob/adobe buildings, rocket stove, pizza ovens

Postby Lemicha » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:46 am

In my searching on the internet for cob/adobe building and earthbuilding...I have found a very inspiring site with heaps of pics.
Housing with cob/adobe, strawbales etc, rocket stoves and heating, pizza ovens...plus more... Links to other information and sites.
When I feel... :? less than inspired, I only need to go to the site to feel ready to be creative with my hands! 8-)
When it comes to detailed pics with writings...explanations on the rocket stove/heater though,
I gotta say that this site...here... is MOST AWESOME and just gets me itching to work!! :D
...May I also be of help to inspire others as much as you guys inspire me...*humbly bowing low*

...hoping that those that *click* enjoy that site as much as I do!
Someone else's opinion of you does not have to become your reality.
Dream like a child...Plan like an adult
Lemicha

Re: Inspiration...Cob/adobe buildings, rocket stove, pizza o

Postby matt walker » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:37 am

Wow, that is just about the coolest site ever! Thank you so much for the heads up Lemicha.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby boo » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:51 am

Lemicha....that site made me wish I was an artist.....it's no wonder you get inspiration from it - thank you for sharing.
boo

Postby GrahamB » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:29 pm

There are some really interesting designs there Lemicha. And if you ever hear people stating that cob houses don't last very well, just take a look at these. These are about ten miles from where I used to live. They are just a few of the cottages, there is a lot more around the area. Most of the old farmhouses on the moors were made from stone picked out of the fields and then added to with cob. I'm pretty sure these cottages in the photo date back to the sixteenth century, if not earlier.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Return to Educational Resources