Permaculture Neighbourhood Centre: Asphalt to...

Links and discussion to broaden our horizons

Moderator: matt walker

Permaculture Neighbourhood Centre: Asphalt to...

Postby boo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:58 am

"The Permaculture Neighbourhood centre" where an asphalt carpark becomes a beautiful permie garden.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YHLmByK ... re=related
boo

Re: Permaculture Neighbourhood Centre: Asphalt to...

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:10 pm

I enjoyed the video Boo. They are doing great things there for their community. Water is very scarce in Ca and they have done a great job of collecting and using natural rain water. [ They are taking most of the rain that falls on their neighbors property and using it on their property, but they are using what others waste.] I loved the living fence with grafted trees. We have talked about that idea befor and I am facinated by the possibilitys. I most likely would not have used peach trees because they are so short lived, but still the idea is GREAT. It appeared to me that they were using Dwarf fruit trees in their gardens. That allowed for more variety in a small space. Maybe you can avoid a learning experiance and just steal their ideas. ;) I am always Happy to steal ideas, I do not like to reinvent the wheel every time. Great video, Thanks for sharing. :)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Re: Permaculture Neighbourhood Centre: Asphalt to...

Postby boo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Pa_friendly_guy........you must have a very good eye for recognizing dwarf fruit trees! I probably will "borrow" some of their idea's for my little plot........these "learning experiences" have a way of creeping up on me :lol:
boo

Return to Educational Resources