Barn Owls live

Links and discussion to broaden our horizons

Moderator: matt walker

Barn Owls live

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Matt, you may have to deleat this post at some point, but the Pa Game Commission has a live feed on a Barm Owl in Perry County, a good bit east of me near the Susquahanna River. She has been on the eggs for awhile and they just started to hatch. I thought the group might enjoy the wild life show. I can't say that it has much to do with growing stuff, but permasteading is about living off the land and living with nature in harmoney, so I thought it was OK. When ever the live feed stops I would deleat this post. There is an ad that you have to watch 1st. Just scroll down the page and it will be there, you do not have to look at any of the other stuff about hunting in Pa if you do not want to the live feed was pretty cool though.

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/portal/serve ... y/pgc/9106
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Re: Barn Owls live

Postby matt walker » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:05 pm

That's really neat Guy, thanks for putting it up. I love owls. A few years ago, near as I can figure, my cat brought me one. That's the only way I can see how it got into my bedroom. It was fine, we hung out for a little while before I set it free. I saw it around the house for a few weeks, watching over me in the garden and such.

matt walker
Site Admin

Postby GrahamB » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:11 pm

I get addicted and mesmerized by those live cams. Someone sent me a link yesterday to a live cam set over a deer feeder. I spent over an hour watching a raccoon and a rabbit feeding off the corn, together! I have a trail cam permanently set up in my small woodlot, but I would love to get a webcam set up there also. I may have to make that a project this year.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:17 pm

I agree Graham, those live feed videos can be addictive. There was a Parigrin Falcon nested on a building in Downtown Pittsburgh a few years ago and they set up a live feed on the nest. When the eggs hatched it was Big News here around the Burgh, :D I am glad that you enjoy the show. When it is over maybe we can get another live feed from some place else. I just happened onto this one when a friend emailed me the imfo. I wish it was in color, but oh well, the owl is sort of gray and white anyway. ;)
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby GrahamB » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Good idea, you can find a lot of them on Ustream.com. I used to have an account there for the school I work at, and sometimes showed them on the smartboard in the computer lab. The kids loved it.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby boo » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:31 am

I can't get it to work...... :cry:
boo

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 pm

I tried to get on and watch yeasterday and they were Down. Today I went on and it took a very long time to come up, but it finally did open and was streaming video live. When the web page opens scroll down to the bottom of the page and wait for the black screen to open up. It will just take awhile.
pa_friendly_guy

Postby boo » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:25 am

Thank you pa_friendly_guy......I'll give it another try.
boo

Return to Educational Resources