Forum Guidelines-Please read before posting

Links and discussion to broaden our horizons

Moderator: matt walker

Forum Guidelines-Please read before posting

Postby matt walker » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:00 am

Well, George requested this forum, and I love the idea. I thought I would use a portion of his request to outline the intention of this forum and it's rules, as his words clearly define the spirit of the forum.

George Collins wrote:How about an "Education" section.

It might be worthwhile to have a section where those of us that have availed ourselves to educational resources, oftentimes at considerable expense and at other times free, to opine on the quality of those resources. Being pointed in the right direction is often times the best advice we can receive or give as the case may be. Perhaps, within that forum, members could start threads concerning one and only one such resource at a time, offer a review and then others would have the opportunity to affirm or disaffirm that resource.

If I were king for a day, I would make a few rules for this forum since its intended audience would be those that have not yet been exposed to these resources:
1. The title of the thread would be exactly the title of the resource
2. The original post would require a link to the resource
3. Only one resource would be allowed per thread started
4. No other thread of any other type would be allowed in this forum.

The subject matter need not be limited to videos of course. It could contain threads linking to books both free on line and for sale at Amazon.com, courses to take, websites, invitations to relevant events, etc.

So, there's the idea, and the rules. Please try to honor them. I believe there is potential here to create a lasting resource that will be of great benefit to all of us.
matt walker
Site Admin

Return to Educational Resources