[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Forum topics?

Forum topics?

Help create a community

Moderator: matt walker

Forum topics?

Postby matt walker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:13 pm

Well, this thing is just getting started, and we have an opportunity to create whatever we want.

Me personally, I like sort of broad headings on the sub forums, without too many sections. I like the freedom to post random stuff off topic and not get in trouble because I talked about goats in the cow forum, or whatever. That said, it's nice to have sections. As we grow, we'll need some separation, but how many sub forums is enough? And what topics?

I'd love some feedback. Here's what I'd like to include:

Some sort of food growing section, food forest, kitchen garden, market garden, etc..

Some sort of livestock section, perhaps incorporated into the food section until things grow.

An off topic area where we can get to know each other better and share things that aren't on topic elsewhere. Music and videos and such.

What else?
matt walker
Site Admin

Re: Forum topics?

Postby Lollykoko » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:27 am

I like the idea of potential overlap in threads myself. But maybe that is because my train of thought often doubles back on itself. :)

The choices you've listed sound like good places to start. The "Hangout" folder looks like it might be a good place for me (and others) to introduce myself.
Lollykoko

Postby eeldip » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:48 am

too many forums. ONE FOR ON TOPIC, ONE FOR OFF.
eeldip

Postby matt walker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:53 am

Hmmmm. Yeah, I kind of like that too.

What to do with the dead space on the index page though? Unicorn pictures?
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby eeldip » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:00 am

huge banner ad?
eeldip

Postby firgela » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:20 pm

I'm absolutely uninitiated to 'steading, but what about a forum with home remedies or diy household products? Recently the gf made five gallons of laundry detergent for under $5, forget the recipe... we also made leather cleaner for the sofa from olive oil and vinegar...so our couch tastes like salad...but it works really well.

That's all I got.
firgela

Postby dave brenneman » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:16 pm

i'd be interested in that recipe.

I think the less forums the better, and add them as needed if there's so much traffic. otherwise put 'em all in one place.

Topics I would like to see: Book suggestions. In fact I think i'll go create that now.
dave brenneman

Postby missusmlaargh » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:33 am

missusmlaargh

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:59 am

Thanks Matt for getting rid of the spamer. He did about double the number topics, lol, but I am glad to see them removed. You are on the Ball Mr Moderator. ;) Keep up the good work.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:05 am

I know, I was excited at first! Look at all these new.......ohhhh. Crap.

I guess I'll have to figure out how to slow those guys up a little. Off to read about moderating/administrating some more.
matt walker
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Suggestion Box