Happy New Year!

Come on in and hang out

Moderator: matt walker

Happy New Year!

Postby matt walker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:07 am

Hey gang, here's wishing you all peace, love, and happiness in the coming year. I've had a great year, in large part thanks to all of the good stuff we've shared here. I'm looking forward to 2013. Cheers everybody, happy New Year!
matt walker
Site Admin

Re: Happy New Year!

Postby boo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:59 am

I would also like to wish everyone a happy new year. Peace and happiness to all the wonderful people on this lovely forum :D
boo

Postby Lollykoko » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:38 am

Best wishes to all!
Lollykoko

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:21 am

Happy New Year everyone. I made it past Midnight, just barely, but I made it, lol, Many Blessing to all.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:55 pm

BTW What a Great Idea Matt, Having a new and separate thread for each holiday. WOW, why didn't I think of that, ;) I guess that is why you are the man in charge, keep up the good work fearless leader. We have come far in this 1st year. Looking forward to the future as our group grows.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby GrahamB » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Happy new Year everyone! I wish everyone peace and happiness, and that you all achieve your goals for the coming year.
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:32 pm

OK guys, we have been talking on here for a year now. We have shared our plans, our hopes, our visions for the future and our knowledge with each other. Going over some of the old posts I see that we had many plans, many goals for our homesteads last year. Some of these have been accomplished, some are still in the planning fazes some may never happen at all. I wonder what goals we are setting for ourselves for 2013? I plan on doing another hugelbed in my garden, cutting up some fallen trees around the place that have been in the way for several years, planting butterfly bushes and hazelnuts along the road for privacy, and moving some large stumps and putting them around the slope mine down in the woods. Those are my Main Goals for 2013, if I get them all dome I will be happy. Other projects that would be nice to accomplish, but not on the 1st priority list for this year include, redoing the grape arbor, planting chestnut trees, planting pecan trees, planting yellow gage trees, planting mulberry trees, planting paw paw trees. Most of those require planning and money, the projects on the 1st list have all been planned out already and are some what under way. What plans does everyone else have for 2013? :D You know that we may ask you about them this time next year to see how you did. :lol: :lol:
pa_friendly_guy

Postby matt walker » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Great question Guy. I am a chronic project starter, but not so good at the follow through. My project list for this year, (spring, actually) is as follows:

1. Finish demoing the basement now that it's all dry, clean and finish to some useable state.
2. Finish these dang countertops. I've got one more piece to cast, but I've messed it up twice now and had to walk away a few weeks ago out of frustration. Soon, though, that's at the top of the list.
3. Remodel the south entrance of my house, tear out sliding glass doors and put in regular full light double doors.
4. Finish the greenhouse. I need to come across some more windows, so that one will happen when it does.
Lot's more, including following George on the home slaughter progression, more hugel beds in the garden, planting my swales on the south side of the house, etc, etc, etc, etc.... :D
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby George Collins » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:08 am

Happy New Year everyone! 2012 was great. Here's hoping 2013 is infinitely better.

My goal is to go as hard as I can.
"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Postby Lollykoko » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:11 am

My first milestone will be to get dozens of mature pine trees cut out of the west facing slope of the hill. Once the trees are gone, I can make lists of plants to replace them.
Lollykoko

Next

Return to The Hangout