[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Flower .. what is it?

Flower .. what is it?

Grow some food and stuff!

Moderator: matt walker

Flower .. what is it?

Postby TruGrit » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:46 pm

... well, Spring is here .. yay! .. anyway, we got this flower popping up along woods line and we were wondering what it was .. we know nothing about flowers, but I knew someone here could help out .. what is it and can I dig it up and move it out front of the house? ..

.. the Mrs is giddy about them and we'd like to put them somewhere more visible .. thx .. Tru
TruGrit

Re: Flower .. what is it?

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:14 pm

That is a Hyacinth, they are a spring bulb and can easily be dug up and moved. The ones you see in church at Easter have much fuller flowers because they are grown in a hot house and heavily fertilized. You can dig it up any time, I would most likely wait until it stops blooming, but you and do it any time really. Good luck with your flowers. :D
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby matt walker » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:27 pm

Ah, crap, I was gonna guess Chionodoxa, aka. Glory of the Snow.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby TruGrit » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:58 pm

.. Thanks Guy! .. I just knew you'd know .. we'll wait till they are done and put them out front .. I thank you .. and, the Mrs thanks you!
TruGrit

Postby SilverFlame819 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:08 pm

I thought Hyacinth always grew in like... tubular form? I have these little purple flowers all over here, and they are not in clusters like what I thought Hyacinth looked like. They're always the first thing to pop up in Utah, then the daffodils.
SilverFlame819

Postby TruGrit » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:17 pm

... I guess their are different kinds, mine are the wild (common) type .. once Guy gave us the name, I found this ...

TruGrit

Postby GrahamB » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:18 am

Yep, them's Hyacinths. One of my mom's favorites. Growing up we always had those and hydrangeas in our front garden. :)
No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
GrahamB

Postby Jenny-the-Bear (grr) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 am

Looks like a young Wood Hyacinth. My mom grew those when I was a kid, She had blue like those, white, and pink.

These others, not sure what the variety is called, maybe just Garden Hyacinth, have bigger clusters, but I really like the old fashioned Wood Hyacinths better. Probably because of seeing them every spring growing up.
Jenny-the-Bear (grr)

Postby Jenny-the-Bear (grr) » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:03 am

Jenny-the-Bear (grr)

Return to Garden, Pasture, Forest