[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - 12 Volt Utility Cart

12 Volt Utility Cart

Yep, talk about it here

Moderator: matt walker

12 Volt Utility Cart

Postby matt walker » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:53 am

I rebuilt my little cart recently and don't really know how I lived without it. Pump up the mower tire, jump the tractor, run a power tool in a remote spot, fill up the dog pool, listen to music, etc. I'm really pleased with it, although the video is pretty crappy. It'll give you the idea...

matt walker
Site Admin

Re: 12 Volt Utility Cart

Postby SilverFlame819 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:33 am

Whoa, didn't this just used to play music?? You're such an electronics nerd. (What I mean is... Sweet, I want one!)

The barking started right when you hit the air compressor. Maybe the Ru dog was taking a nap and thought Mr. Jennings did it and needed a talking-to? :P

Seriously though, is your driveway that direction? Maybe the sudden noise made her think a car was coming. Does she normally bark when you've got people incoming?

Oh, look, it's almost 1 AM. Which means your question was hypothetical, right? ;)
SilverFlame819

Postby Lollykoko » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:38 pm

Friday, while the truck with crate was parked and no other vehicle was ready to run, I was schlepping the 250 feet from the campsite to the off-load location with various (full & heavy) tool boxes. I was thinking that I needed a cart/wagon that is easily portable from place to place. I hadn't thought about music and jumpstart capabilities. Let me refer this idea to Terry and see where he will take it.

Thanks Matt!
Lollykoko

Postby matt walker » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:48 pm

You got it Lolly, I can't believe how useful this thing is, at least to a guy like me who has poorly maintained vehicles that see intermittent use at best. I am constantly needing to air up a tire and jump start something, let alone being able to plug in power tools and the like at a remote job location. I love this thing!

Silver, the barking was play time. Roo can do any thing in the world except not bark, she is just vocal as hell. So, yeah, little Waylon was being an outlaw and running in circles around her and she was barking, and then when I looked at them they acted like nothing was going on. Jerks.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:47 pm

I like the cart Matt. And I like the Multi-use idea. I always try to kill more than 1 bird with my stone so to speak. :lol: The air compressor, jumper cables, and the inverter are all extremely useful tools. The portability feature could be a big help to me here, there are definitely places where it would be handy to run electric power tools at a remote location. I liked the large bicycle tires, they make it much easier to move over rough terrain. Great Job.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby Jenny-the-Bear (grr) » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:40 am

I love that cart, Matt. I can see a version of this coming in so handy for things I do. I'd like a small compressor, big enough to power a small nail or staple gun, maybe a dremel tool, and air up tires. And enough battery power to play music or audio books when I'm in the garden or working on something else outside. Most of our power tools now are rechargable cordless, so I don't need it for that. But an air compressor is something I can make a lot more use of, if it's not such a PITA to haul out the compressor and get set up. Just grabbing the tools and the cart and head to where I need to work, would be lots easier than I've had to do before.

I guess I'll have to put on my Ms. Wizard hat and get to work on something.

Oy, I can be so thick sometimes! I don't know why I never thought of it until just now, that I can run an extension cord out to the garden and bring out a fan. With a bit of a breeze, I can tolerate the heat a lot better.
Jenny-the-Bear (grr)

Return to Permsteading!