[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Permsteading.com • View topic - Bone Sauce

Bone Sauce

Links and discussion to broaden our horizons

Moderator: matt walker

Bone Sauce

Postby George Collins » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:10 am

"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Re: Bone Sauce

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:35 am

I have seen a thread about this stuff on another permiculture site. I think it said that Sepp claimed that it worked to keep deer away for 10 years. That claim amazed me because I felt it would wash off or ware off befor that long. But I am not one to argue with Sepp, so I must last a long time on the trees. I would say try it and see how well it works, it is cheap to make and only takes a day to make. I am guessing that it smells pretty bad, so be careful how close to the house you use it at 1st. Let us know how well it works to keep the deer away from your fruit trees. I would be very interested to hear about your process of making it and how well you felt it worked for you.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Postby George Collins » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:34 am

"Solve world hunger, tell no one." "The, the, the . . . The Grinch!"

"If you can't beat them, bite them."
George Collins

Postby matt walker » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:02 am

I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you George. It kinda creeps me out from here, so I imagine it's gonna keep the deer away.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby ApeironCreations » Thu May 08, 2014 5:43 am

Ditto. Bone oil vile smelling made by the mad scientist of Frankenstein castle.

These dark waters fer' sure.
ApeironCreations

Return to Educational Resources