About time we had a fashion thread

Yep, talk about it here

Moderator: matt walker

Re: About time we had a fashion thread

Postby thickstrings » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Milwaukee fuel, because of all the glowing reports....while on you tube I found this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5k0ljHLF58 I tried it on 2 Skill 18v batteries that have been dead for years....to my amazement, it worked! One is at full charge and the other is about 3/4....Tried the old Ryobi's and no go....The B&D battery won't hold the charge for more than a hour.....There are a few more videos that show how to fix or recharge ni-cads ...... hav'nt tried those. New life for shop junk...
" Life is art...Live a masterpiece"
thickstrings

Postby TruGrit » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:46 pm

.. I'm with ya on the corded stuff Guy .. I have two or three 100' extension cords .. very handy .. :D
TruGrit

Postby thickstrings » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:31 pm

Well I have received the Milwaukee "fuel" drill/driver....wow! Thanks for the tip Matt! This thing lives up to the hype. The first thing I did when I got it was to put a 1/2"x18" bit in it and stick it to a oak stump...It had half a charge from the factory....My wrist went before the battery...it charged full in 30 mins. Tons of torque...These are the newer 4amp batteries...Love it...prime angus...
" Life is art...Live a masterpiece"
thickstrings

Postby matt walker » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:54 pm

Nice TS, they are pretty damn incredible if you are used to a DeWalt or the like. The difference in quality and power is stark, to say the least. I'm really glad to hear that the suggestion was well made, I think you'll get a ton of work out of that tool.
matt walker
Site Admin

Postby DrewInToledo » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:38 am

Got the Milwaukee fuel as well. One word: BADASSERY!

Love it too!! I don't mind throwing down some hard earned cash for a tool that will most likely last 20+ years! My deWalt 18V that I bought new when 18V became popular ran me over $300 and it lasted me over 20 years (I think!). A great investment for sure.
Do vegetarians eat animal crackers or coconut meat?
DrewInToledo

Postby pa_friendly_guy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:43 pm

The joy of using a quality tool will be remembered long after the thrill of a cheap price is forgotten. Always go for quality tools, they just work better, and they last.
Never doubt that a small group of dedicated people can change the world, indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
pa_friendly_guy

Location: SW Pa They changed me to zone 6a what ever that is. I still figure zone 5

Previous

Return to Permsteading!